Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Uggg...I have Diabetes.....Ugggg

Many days I try to forget that I am a diabetic. I just simply don't like it. I don't like that my daughter has it. I don't like that she probably got it from me. Forgive the negativity, but it is my current reality.

I don't like that every 2 days I have to put a new needle in her tummy or her booty (a site change for her pump). We use EMLA cream (numbs the skin) and it helps, but sometimes it doesn't. Usually Matt and I put her site in together (he holds, I stick) but last night he was busy draining our pool (THAT is another story) so I decided to attempt it on my own. She looked at me with her big blue eyes and said "No, mama. You hurt me." What could I say? It's true, it does hurt her. I hate that she associates me with the hurt. BUT it has to be done. She makes very little insulin on her own, if any. She cannot go more than 2 hrs without insulin or her blood sugar spikes (then the puking, crying, etc begins).

So....I had to make a decision - I decided to go lay in bed with her, chit chat for a minute, and put her pump site in after she fell asleep. Luckily, her blood sugar was only in the high 200's afterwards, so I didn't wait too long. I think I made a good decision.

Here is a picture of her pump and pump site:

1 comment:

  1. Hey I found your blog totally by random checking out the creepy pic of your kids belly. (I google searched uggg lol) bored at work you know...
    Anyway The reason I'm writing is you seem pretty hip and internet is clearly not beyond your grasp. So if you want to cure your child I recommend you check out this company. They are doing stem cell work that has cured several people. Theravitae.com Lots to read so check it out. It says they do heart disease but if you contact them they do diabetes as well. Good luck with your kid. Oh, and from a fellow survivalist I like your links. Kevin S- biochemist

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?