Monday, October 26, 2009

Quick trip to Target

Made a quick trip to Target this afternoon with 3 of the kids. Our 9 year old really needed some underclothes, and I wanted to look at the clothes clearance as I have yet to purchase her any long pants/jeans. The weather is holding here at around 80 degrees daily so she is OK in shorts for awhile yet.....however, it is almost November. Time to start looking. Last year they were able to wear shorts to school through November. Sarah is hard to fit - at age 9 she is 5'2" tall and 120 pounds. She cannot fit into girls sizes anymore, but the "junior" styles are too mature. It is a real challenge at times. The girls plus sizes will sometimes work, but can only find those online around here. Anyway, we really weren't successful....but did find 2 pairs of bermuda shorts (come down to her knees) for $9 each and 2 pairs of sweatsuit-type fabric for $6 each. I also picked up a cute clearance shirt for our eldest for $5.

Other deals:

Game - Connect 4. On sale for $9, used the $4 off coupon posted about HERE at Chicks Dig Deals. I planned on adding this to my gift stash but hubby saw it when he came home and said "Connect 4! I love that game, I wanted it sooo bad when i was young but my mom wouldn't buy it!" so....maybe.....it'll be in HIS Christmas stash........

Chicks Dig Deals also has an awesome post on the Toys R Us Big Book deals HERE.

Speaking of Toys R Us, I asked hubby to make a run to there last night and pick up the 3 1/2" Disney Fairies they have on sale for $5.99, B1G1 free. He came home with 4 fairies for $12. I did briefly browse for a coupon beforehand, but couldn't find one. I plan on gifting these with the carry-along fabric fairy house I am making as Natasha's (age 4 by Christmas) main Christmas gift. I will also make a flower fairy carpet to go with it. Love the free patterns at Wee Folk Art!

OK...back to the deals.....

Keebler cookies - buy 2, get 1 free.
Used a $1 of 2 manufacturer coupon + $1 off 2 Target coupon. For coupon links and to see the deal, go HERE.
I wanted to do this transaction twice, but the little ones were not up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?