Friday, July 3, 2009

A visit to Dr. Mary

Went to see Dr. Mary today. This was my follow up visit since starting Symlin on May 13th. I'm happy to report that my A1C is down from 7.2% to 6.8%!! Still want to get it lower but this is significant progress. I will now increase my dose of Symlin to 120 mcg with each meal. I haven't lost any weight yet which is a bummer as I feel i eat more like a normal person now (thanks to the Symlin). She explained that as your blood sugar is coming under control - after being high or out of control - that many people gain weight. Reason being is that when you are high, your losing carbs in your urine (rather than putting them on your hips!). So, long story short, I need to further modify my diet - i'm thinking 2 carbs per meal? we'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?