Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Dollar Store Craft!+

I've been wanting to make a sock monkey...but not wanting to pay the price for the "correct" socks.....as per the instructions HERE. So....I grabbed a nice pair of socks at my local Dollar Store. They are Christmas socks, with penguins all over them, but they had the required different colored heel, so I picked them up. I think it turned out rather well, though i'm not the best hand sewer in the world..... I did embroider the eyes so it would be safe for my 2 year old. I'm thinking there are lots of ways to dress this up - could make a little skirt, add buttons at the joints....glitter glue, etc.

I may make some more of these to decorate gifts for my nieces and nephews for Christmas (instead of a bow).

While you are browsing the web and having a bloggy time, check out the great crafts at
Dollar Store Crafts.

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I made a sock monkey with the "correct" socks once, and the instructions that came along with them were hilariously vague ("cut ear shapes for ears"). Your monkey turned out really well! Thanks for the link to Dollar Store Crafts... and ahhhggh! only 57 days until Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait, looks like the instructions you linked to are more or less the ones I used... I guess I'm remembering the scenario wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! the instructions are kind of vague...I looked at others as well and they were vague too. I chose this one because the diagram was good, and i'm very visual!

    Thanks so much for commenting!
    laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?