Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Well...I stayed up all night and hit the stores at 5 a.m. I've never shopped on Black Friday before so I wasn't sure how to strategize, and was really only after a few things. All in all, it wasn't worth it. Talk about crazy!! The line to get fabric cut at Joann's was 3 hours long! I've never seen Target so busy - people with CARTFULS of toys, etc.

At Target I picked up the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics for $9.99 for our little ones, and a movie for our nephew. Also picked up Kung Fu panda for our movie stash (not a gift).

At Joann's, I had big plans to get a bunch of flannel ($1.49/yd), fleece (2.99/yd), wool felt (using a 50% off coupon). I did not get any of it due to the long cutting lines......the sale goes all weekend. I did pick up some fimo clay, on sale for 5/$1.00, to make my hubby some homemade poker chips (for us to play with). I found these instructions to make them. I'm anxious to see how they turn out, but it will have to be a late night project.

Our 9 year old, Sarah, frequently complains of being bored. She has a really hard time generating her own ideas. So, I purchased this 10 drawer Cropper Hopper. My plan is to put something in each drawer for an activity.....I purchased a jewelry bead starter kit today at Joanns for $11.39 for one drawer. Other ideas: notebooks, pens, art supplies, craft supplies, puzzle books, a book of story starters, etc.

How was your Black Friday experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?