Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grocery Shopping and Deals this week - June 7

Here are the 12 boxes of cereal I bought today at Savemart - can't fit them anywhere else in my pantry!

Along with the cereal, I bought everything else I was after (blogged about HERE) + a few more finds.

I became a fan of Atheno's Hummus on Facebook and printed 2 B1G1 coupons!  Save Mart has the 14 oz tubs for $4.99, so I got 2 for $5 (not a fantastic price, but we do love our hummus!)

They also had a clearance-priced fruit/veggie cart out - we were able to pick up 5 apples for $0.99, 2 yellow peppers with 2 orange peppers for $1.49, and a package of red raspberries with a package of yellow raspberries for only $0.69.  All this fruit appears good to me - we'll eat it in the next couple days.  I also got a huge batch of bananas on this cart for $0.99 - will be making banana bread!

My receipt is misplaced, but I think my total was just over $60.  After coupons I paid $47.  

Next stop was Winco........
(I didn't have time to put it all out on the table and take a photo - we had to get to The Queen's basketball game, so I show you my humble little pantry)

I won't bore you with all the details, but I shopped from my E-Mealz shopping list (after crossing off what we have in our stockpile).  I also did a fair amount of stocking up on this trip.  The kids are out of school and they eat us out of house and home during the summer!  Seems like I can't keep enough food around - we'll see if this lasts us a week.......

Here's some highlights from my trip:

Totino's Party pizzas - $1.05 each - used a $1 off 5 coupon = $4.25 for 5
(3) 4-packs of pillsbury refrigerated biscuits - $2.15 each, used a $1 off 3 coupon = $1.85 each
2 Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets - $3.48 each - used (2) $1 off coupons = $2.48 each (we add about 8 eggs to make these for breakfast!)
Reser's mustard potato salad - $2.38, used $1 off coupon = $1.38
Oscar Mayer deli-shaved lunch meat - $1.98, used a $1.50 off coupon from Kraft First Taste = $0.48
2 Nestle chocolate syrups - $1.48 each, used $1 off 2 coupon = about $1 each
Foster Farm chicken drumsticks(fresh) - $2.81, used $1 coupon = $1.81 for 9 drums
2 Bisquicks $2.38 each, used (2) $0.60 coupons = $1.78 each (hubby uses this for pancakes - it's easier for him)
4 Betty Crocker cake mix/frosting combos - mix = $0.78 each, frosting = $0.98 each - used (4) $0.75 coupons (when you buy cake mix and frosting together) = $1.01 for each cake mix/frosting combo.
5 Taco Bell Home Originals products ( I bought 18 pack taco shells, 1 fajita seasoning, and 3 taco seasonings) - used $1 off 3 coupon from All You magazine and $1 off 2 coupon = $3.09
KC masterpiece BBQ sauce - $1.88, used $1 coupon = $0.88
Capri-Sun Sunrise coolers - $1.88, used $1 off coupon = $0.88 for 10 juice pouches
12 cans of Taco Bell refried beans @ $0.48 each = $5.76 (to me, this is a stock up price!)
4 Kraft Poppyseed salad dressings (Pigeon Man's favorite) - $1.98 each, used (2) $1 off 2 coupons = $5.92

All total I had $23.82 in coupons and paid $198 OOP

Just so that everyone maintains the correct perception of E-Mealz (a frugal meal-planning service that costs $5 a month) - the total spent on supplies to make a week's worth of meals from our E-Mealz menu = $48.68! (of course, I have a few things on hand, but it is still quite economical to feed a family of 7, and this includes meat!)

The rest of the money spent was either stuff we were out of, stock up stuff that was on sale & matched with coupons, easy lunch and breakfast items since I'm sleeping during those times and Daddy has to feed the hungry mob.  He usually makes breakfast, but they are on their own for lunch), and snack stuff.  

Here's the stocked fridge (ours is 26 cubic feet):

After the little one's went to bed, I ran to Target and picked up a few more things......

Febreze air effects - $1.54 after coupon
Downy - $7.79 after coupon (2 weeks worth, easy)
Up & Up bleach - $1.47
Up laundry detergent - $11.99 (2 weeks worth, easy)

2 packages of Bic Soleil disposable razors - $5.39, used $3 off coupon = $2.39 each
Nexcare and Bandaid deal (added 3 boxes of bandaids to my stash for a total of $1.85!
Also did the Armour All Deal and got 2 things of Orange cleaner wipes

Total savings = $16.25, OOP = $53 (several purchases not listed here - litter box, cat food, etc)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!

How many totally awesome people have visited?